Thursday, January 10, 2013

Well, that flew by...

Hello and Happy New Year, again... I am sitting at Annapurna's World Chai House in Albuquerque, sipping a "cup of productivity." The owner Yashoda Naidoo tells me it's all the oxygen the spices cause to flow into my bloodstream. I think it's the caffeine. I drink caffeine on special occasions now, like others turn to champagne. That's sound a bit pathetic, but trust me, I am much more entertaining caffeinated than filled with bubbles.

So happy new year! Last year was filled with a lot of forward momentum. After teaching at Sol Acting Academy for almost a year, John and I bought the place and moved it to a new location at 5500 San Mateo Blvd, NE in ABQ. It is a studio filled with joy, laughter, and some really GREAT acting work. I am so proud.

We also moved to a new home in Albuquerque. 2012 was a year where I don't think I sat down much, except on airplanes. A year filled with travel, and work, and family. It was quiet compared to the previous years that were preoccupied with the illnesses and loss of my dear in-laws. We celebrated the arrival of a new grand daughter, Francis Sophia Dillon-Varner and went to visit her and her loving parents in Germany. What a thrill! Pictures on Facebook!

I am calling 2013 the Year of Dreams Come True. I started this blog in 2009 taking small steps to explore the path back into acting. My goal was simply to enter into the profession again full time without going nuts. I've shared here the great learning experiences I have had along the way. I am really excited to say that many seeds of the dreams and goals are now starting flourish.

Which reminds me of this thing I learned. John and I visited a state park in eastern Arizona recently and I learned that there are these little tiny organisms that lay dormant in the sandstone. In their slumber they can withstand huge degree temperature differentials. Some scientists even shot them into space on the outside of a Space Shuttle to test this out. They can last over 50 years this way only to be revived, when the causes and conditions are correct, as a living shrimp-like organism  that thrives in rain water puddles that gather in the sandstone. Crazy.

So, if their dream of life can hold steadfast, mine can, too! Maybe this sounds goofy... sorry.

The Bark & The Tree is going to be in NYC, which means I will be, too, because where she goes I go... we'll be on at The Barrow Group's FAB Project festival of solo works March 1, 2, 3 2013. After that we'll be in ABQ for two nights at the Cell Theater as part of Women and Creativity Month March 16 & 17. I will be posting info here and on my FB page. Hope to see you at one of the shows!

And dream on... 


No comments:

Post a Comment