Saturday, January 26, 2013

Every day it's a gettin' closer

A little Buddy Holly to spark up the weekend. Always works for me.

Our NYC date is confirmed for March 2nd at 8pm. If you live in the New York area, I sincerely hope you can make it. Will post ticket information as soon as I have it. I was not expecting a Saturday night spot, and I am really happy about it, what an honor. It feels great to be working toward this.

A note about rehearsals. They seem slow and methodical at times. Other times we'll be shooting the breeze or playing with the beautiful Valentina (Magali's little girl). And that is the core of the creative process. Sometimes it's really intense. Other times light and slightly out of focus. It allows me to relax and feel more myself in the piece and after each session there's a lot more clarity.

Check out this beautiful post that David Dabney of Red Rooster Creative made!

I really love it. I am a performer, first and foremost, and a writer. I deal with tangibles like words and emotions in time and space. To have a creative team expanding the project is a new experience for me. It's a new experience to watch them take the tangibles that we bring out in discussion and translate them into the visual metaphor using light, sound, physical space, and design.

Here's the team: Lee Kitts - Director; Magali Henderson - Stage Manager; Karen Perlow - Lighting; Karen Anselm - set and costume; & Laura Pirard - Sound Design.

More next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment